Bart and I just returned from our free trip to New York. Bart and I won this trip at the Chocolate Soiree. The Soiree is a social event put on by The Circle of The Children's Museum to raise money for the museum. We bought a raffle ticket for $100 to enter in one of the "Golden Ticket Opportunities." You could choose from a golf cart, wine cellar or the trip to NYC. We won! We were so excited. Our friends won the golf cart. The trip included two round trip tickets, hotel arrangements for three nights and ticket to the Yankees game. We had a really good time.
We saw two shows, Spamalot and Spring Awakening. Bart liked Spamalot and I liked Spring Awakening. The music in Spring Awakening was terrific. It is a little risque, but enjoyable. Spamalot was funny and entertaining.
I am always on the lookout for celebrities. I usually see one or two, and I have decided it is because I am the only person in the City making eye contact. My friend Kelly, who lived in NYC, confirmed this notion. In the past, I have seen Nicole Kidman, the entire cast of The Hours and Beyonce. We were walking to Magnolia's Bakery for cupcakes when I saw Mark Valley (he plays Brad in Boston Legal.) He is really cute. The next day I saw my favorite American Idol contestant, Jason Castro. I am pretty sure he was hiding from me. I think he read my lips and went back into the revolving door in his hotel. That made me laugh. If only I had a picture with Jason!
We had fun at the Yankees game. They lost to the Angels.
Our favorite part of the trip was the MoMA - Museum of Modern Art. It was great. They had a Salvador Dali exhibit that was very interesting. The museum also houses Waterlilies by Monet and many other famous pieces of art.
No comments:
Post a Comment