Sunday, August 24, 2008

Birthday Wishes


Today was my birthday. Thirty-one sort of snuck up on me. I guess the more birthdays you celebrate the faster the next one comes around. It always drove me crazy when I would ask my mom her age and she would sometimes say "I don't remember." I used to think, "how do you not know how old you are?!" Now I completely understand.

My sweet family got me a cake, balloon and cards. We are getting our kitchen renovated - so that will be my birthday, anniversary and Christmas gifts! Sydney recommended a restaurant for my birthday lunch - Grand Dragon Chinese Buffet. She and Bart ate there on one of their dates. It was yummy! Sydney enjoyed showing me around to the bathrooms, plates, food and most importantly the ice cream machine. She also insisted that we make a wish in the fountain. Bart gave each of us three pennies. I made my three wishes while holding Mac and dodging his ice cream cone he would not relinquish. Then it was Sydney's turn to make her wishes and here they are:

"I wish for Mommy to have a great day on her birthday."
"I wish for Mommy to have fun on her birthday."
"I wish for Mommy to have a great day on her birthday."

That is a gift you cannot buy - thank you Sydney for the best birthday gift!

Love,
Mommy

No comments: