Monday, October 6, 2008

A whole week of fun in four hours?!?


I am not sure how it happened, but I managed to pack a week's worth of fun into four hours. We started the day with flu vaccines at 9am. Mac got the shot and Sydney got the flu mist. Let's just say that the boy only cried for 5 seconds and the big girl for much more! Luckily, when you are crying the flu mist just sucks right up your nose.

After the vaccines, we headed to the library. Sydney played nicely on the computer while Mac pushed books through to the next aisle. I was on the lookout for chapter books. I hear that is what we need to be reading. We ran into one of Sydney's friends from school. She had 'Ruffy' the class mascot on their library adventure. We hosted Ruffy over Labor Day weekend. He enjoyed an adventure to Alabama. Anyway, Mac had the worst stinky diaper (2nd of the day) and we needed to leave. This is when it gets really challenging. The boy does not like to have his diaper changed - except by a grandmother! He rocked and rolled until it ended up on his shorts. Yuck! I scrubbed them clean and off we went to the ZOO.

The zoo was great. The kids enjoyed seeing the elephants, reptiles, giraffes, lions and monkeys. I also met a fellow Auburn graduate. She is a pediatrician and we know a few of the same people from Auburn, which is always fun. Mac enjoyed the chimpanzees. They were really putting on a show. He demonstrated how they sounded to Bart when we went to his office for lunch. Yes, all of that happened before 11:30! We picked up lunch at Chick-fil-A and had lunch with Bart at his office. Sydney loves to visit Daddy at work.

After lunch Sydney had ballet and Mac and I headed to Target. I always get lots of sympathetic looks when we are out. Mac is very vocal and likes things his way and usually right away. I am not sure where he gets that-maybe me! Today, someone asked how he got that mark on his head? I told them that he went head first down the slide at the Sunday school party. He was also wet from my cup of ice he poured on himself. The lady said that she has a three year old just like him. I just said "he is my baby boy." He makes life interesting!

We had more fun in the afternoon playing outside. Sydney did some artwork in the driveway. Mac played with his cars. Mommy trimmed ivy.


Glasses?

We had a lot of fun today. Days like these are exhausting, but also a reminder of how blessed we are. I have two healthy children that I get to enjoy every single day.

No comments: