Hey! I would love to share two of my favorite recipes. The Greek Salad Dip is one I got from a friend who brought it to a meeting. I love it, and it is a crowd favorite! The other is from the back of a Bush's Black Beans can. We had it tonight with baked chicken and sour cream. It is one of Bart's favorite dishes as well.
Greek Salad Dip
1/4 cup cilantro
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1 small can, drained, chopped black olives
1 pint of grape tomatoes, chopped
6oz feta cheese
1 avocado, chopped
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
Dash of oregano
Combine and serve with pita chips or tortilla chips. It is delicious!
Traditional Black Beans and Rice
(servings 6-7)
1 Tbsp. olive oil
3/4 cup onion, chopped fine
1/2 cup green pepper, chopped fine
1 cup tomatoes, diced
1 can (15 oz.) Bush's Black beans, drain and reserve juice
1/2 tsp. thyme
1 tsp. garlic salt
3 Tbsp. cider vinegar
1/2 tsp. hot pepper sauce (I use Texas Pete's)
2 cups cooked rice
Lime wedge or sliced mango (optional)
In large skillet heat olive oil; cook onion and green pepper until tender; stir in tomatoes, beans, thyme and garlic salt, cook 3 minutes; add vinegar, pepper sauce and reserved juice, continue to cook 5 minutes. Serve over rice. Garnish with lime wedge or sliced mango (optional).
I hope you enjoy!
Sunday, October 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment