Saturday, September 13, 2008

McCain?

Yesterday, I took the kids to visit Granny and Papa in Hiawassee, GA for the night. They have an RV and Sydney loves to camp with Granny. This was Mac's first overnight stay in the RV. I left it open to how long we would stay - just in case. He still sleeps in a pack and play. We left Daddy at home. He was supposed to have a guy's weekend, but it ended up getting cancelled. He got to sleep until 9 am! Lucky dog! That was not the case for me!

We arrived in Hiawassee around noon on Friday. After lunch at the meat and three we headed to the RV. By the way, Hiawassee is beautiful. It is a lake town that is nestled in the mountains. Just gorgeous! The kids played and played and played. The campground had a playground and lake. We fed the fish and walked around the campground. About dinnertime, Papa says that he is going to the fish fry at the VFW. For all my friends - VFW stands for Veterans of Foreign War. Papa has wanted to go to this fish fry for a while. Granny is not a fan, so Sydney and I decided to accompany him.

One thing Papa told me is that the average age of Hiawassee residents is 61. This is more believable considering the crowd at the VFW. As we pulled into the parking lot, I thought to myself, 'these people are probably McCain supporters.' We were walking across the ramp to the door when a lady stops Sydney and asks 'do you like McCain?' Sydney just smiled and kept going. I then heard her say, 'kids always like my cane.'

I just had to laugh at myself on that one.

We had a great time. We only stayed one night. It is just not the right time to take Mac RVing. They loved the s'mores! Mac had so much marshmallow and chocolate on his hand that he could not spread his fingers out!

No comments: