Thursday, May 7, 2009

Soccer Girl


Sydney has a new passion and it is soccer. With this passion, she throws me into a special demographic, Soccer Mom. I am loving watching her learn and play this game. She is having a ball. Bart is the coach and I must say he is very good. He is patient, encouraging and organized. I am very impressed with both of the Streets on the field. Last week, Sydney almost scored. She got a breakaway and dribbled the ball all the way up the field by herself. She didn't score, but to look at me you would have thought she won a gold medal. My heart was beating fast and I had tears in my eyes. I thought, 'oh no here we go!'

In Clanton, AL in the 1990's we didn't have soccer, so it is all new to me. I am a fan!

Coach Bart, Sydney and Grace (my future daughter-in-law - she is marrying Mac so she and Sydney can be sisters)



post signature

No comments: