Saturday he challenged a guy from Washington, GA who is known for his Shrimp and Grits. Back when I was a pharmaceutical sales rep, Washington, GA was a part of my territory. It is a very small town. I am a small town girl and feel rather at-home in small towns, although I do have dreams of living in NYC. Anyway, the hometown boy won the challenge. But that wasn't the only thing that made me smile. In the crowd was the local beauty queen. I will take this time to admit that I did my share of pageants. In Clanton, the Peach Queens (I was not the Peach Queen) made it to ribbon cuttings, parades, festivals, etc... It just made me smile to see the queen there in her gown, sash and tiara. I just know she loved having a television show come to her town during her reign as queen. You just don't get to see that everyday.
I told some of my neighborhood friends this story and one of the husbands said that the beauty queens from up north are not pretty. I think he forgot he was married to a girl from Philadelphia, who promptly reminded him to "watch it!"
2 comments:
You got something against peach queens? Just kidding. You forgot to mention all the pageants you did win. All local queens do love to make it on tv.
Hey Jennifer! I am just now finding your blog. I am sure you have been on Julie's side bar for a while now! So many people through college asked me if I was "one of those peach queens" just because I was from here. Of course had to say no.
Love your blog and I am so glad you have one. I keep up with these a whole lot more than FB.
Your kiddos are precious. Mac looks like his pretty momma!
Post a Comment